In order to keep that new year motivation going, we are kicking off February with some exciting things to keep you guys in the game!
A few of you have expressed an interest in completing a race at some point. In order to facilitate this interest, I am going to be featuring a new race or event each month. The featured race will be over a month in advance and typically a road race of 10kms in the Vancouver area. If any of you are interested in one, let me know and let's get it going! Also, if there is an event outside of what I have posted that you are interested in, let me know! I am always up for suggestions!
The race that will be featured this month is the part of the MEC Road Race series and is on March 18th in Pacific Spirit Park. You have the option of either the 5km or 10km version and registration details can be found here.
Each month there will be a new recipe featured that is contributed by one of you wonderful individuals. I will accept anything from a little gem that you found online to your grandma's secret recipe (she'll never know). As long as they are yummy and healthy, send them over!
This month we will be featuring "Sweet Potato Pad Thai" which was contributed by the one and only, Matt Lynch from the "Spiralized Kitchen" cookbook.
Sweet Potato Pad Thai
- 1 block firm tofu
- 2-3 sweet potatoes
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Thai chili sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2-4 tbsp coconut or peanut oil
- 3 eggs, whisked together
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger root
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup peanuts, shelled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Unwrap tofu and squeeze between two plates to remove moisture.
- Spiralize potatoes. Set aside
- In a small bowl, combine lemon zest and juice, fish sauce, soy sauce and chili sauce, and honey.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat and add egg and scramble then remove from pan and set aside
- In the same pan, heat remaining oil, dice tofu and add to the pan. Then add onions, garlic, ginger and cook until translucent. add vinegar and 1/2 cup water to the pan to de-glaze it and then add the sweet potato. Saute until tender and the liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce mixture to the pan and toss to coat. Add egg, peanut and 1/4 cup cilantro. Combine well.
- Serve and garnish with remaining cilantro.
- ***add 1 cup chicken or shrimp for some added protein!
Let`s get this month going and have some fun! Looking forward to seeing you all around the gym!