Shoulder Mobility Dislocates; a very important exercise for many reasons! The shoulder is possibly one of the most accident prone joints because of its 360 degree range of movement as well as being a ball and socket, articulating joint. Take care of it and make sure that it is always properly warmed up and stretched before doing anything dynamic.
These are a great way to do that and here's how:
1. Grab a dowel or stick and assume a very wide grip.
2. With your eyes forward and arms straight, rotate the dowel or stick up and back, not down. By pushing back and not down, you will be able to complete the rotation properly and with straight arms and a full grip.
3. Keep pushing back, with a full grip, until the dowel hits your backside.
4. Keeping arms straight, rotate the dowel forwards and up and over your head with it ending at the front of your thighs.
5. As you progress, narrow your grip slightly while maintaining straight arms.
*If you are not able to maintain a full grip or need to bend your elbows to complete the movement, widen your grip.
These should definitely be done before any upper body workout, during the warm-up phase. If you are someone who suffers from shoulder pain and/or a tight chest, make these part of your daily routine. Your body will thank you for it!